Thursday, January 7, 2010

A day I never thought we would have to go through....

So, we have to update our paperwork for the adoption. What does that mean??? It means that we have been waiting almost a year for a placement. How do I feel? I don't know. How does Cullen feel? I don't know.

Just never thought it would come to this.....I suppose it is all part of the journey.

So much has happened in that time frame. Babies born, pregnancies announced, job changes, religious transformations...but still no baby to add to our family.

Let's pray that God provides some guidance and continued peace during the year.

"The process of adopting a child pushes your personal envelope as a woman, as a mother, and ultimately, as a human being. It takes more courage than you think you have, offers more self-knowledge than you think you want, and reassembles your characteristics into someone familiar but changed."

Jana Wolff, Secret Thoughts of an Adoptive Mother

2 comments:

  1. my thoughts are with you ~ that is so difficult to have to face. i pray this year brings you happiness beyond your dreams....
    hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray an hope that the god will answer your prayers, an that he will fill your life with happiness an hope.

    ReplyDelete